Cusco, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu (4 days)
CODE: CT019: Cusco, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu (4 days)
On this short tour you will get to know the city of Cusco and two of the must-sees of the region: the Sacred Valley of the Inca and one of the 7 wonders of the world, Machu Picchu! Joining a guided tour you will explore Cusco and visit the most important sights of the city and its surroundings. Then you continue the trip and get to experience the Sacred Valley of the Inca, a cradle of culture, history and agricultural richness and a perfect place to learn about the inhabitants of the ancient Inca Empire. The journey finally leads us to Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas in the heart of the Andes. All tours and excursions to the different destinations are managed in small travel groups with likeminded people you can share your experiences with.
Excellent for: Adventure seekers - Couples - Friends - Nature lovers - Intrepid people - Families
Day 1: Cusco (City tour)
If desired, we pick you up at the airport and transfer you to your hostel where you can rest a little and get used to the altitude. In the afternoon we will start our city tour in Cusco: we visit the city centre with its pre-Inca, Inca and colonial streets, explore the Inca temple “Koricancha” (Temple of the Sun) and the Cathedral at “Plaza de Armas”, Cusco’s main square. Then we take you around upper Cusco where we visit the impressive Inca ruins Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Pucapucara and Tambomachay. In the evening we return to Cusco.
Day 2: Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas (B, L)
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel and travel to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, a tranquil oasis of cultural, historical, and agricultural richness just 45 minutes from Cusco where the Incas once built important cities such as Pisac and Ollantaytambo. We will enjoy the beautiful Andean landscape during the day and visit the impressive archaeological site of Pisac. After a nice traditional Buffet Lunch in Urubamba we continue our tour to Ollantaytambo. In the evening you take the train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu town, where you spend the night.
Day 3: Machu Picchu – Cusco (B)
Early in the morning you can either walk or take the bus up to Machu Picchu to explore one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. At Machu Picchu we are going to have a guided tour (approx. 2,5 hours), allowing time for contemplation of the amazing scenery. We will explore the Intiwatana (Temple of the Sun), the Temple of the Condor, the Temple of Three Windows, Andean terraces, and other places of interest. After the tour will have enough time to walk around the archaeological complex, capture these incredible memories on camera, feel and appreciate the energy and peacefulness of this sacred place. Optional you can enjoy the amazing view from the mountains Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu (at 7.00 or 10.00am, prior booking is necessary). In the afternoon you take the train back to Ollantaytambo and from there return to Cusco by bus.
Day 4: Last day in Cusco (B)
Enjoy your last day in Cusco. We will transfer you to the airport at least 2 hours before your flight.
- Accommodation in basic Hotels / Backpacker Hostels (upgrade upon request)
- Meals as indicated on day by day itinerary (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- Professional English-speaking private guides for all tours
- Cusco City Tour, incl. transport, guide, entrance fees to Koricancha and Cathedral
- Tour Sacred Valley incl. transport, guide and lunch
- Entrance to the Inca Ruins of Cusco and the Sacred Valley: Boleto Turistico
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Machu Picchu Tour
- Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Train Aguas Calientes – Ollantatyambo
- Transfer Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- International flights to and from Peru from your country of origin
- Domestic flights:
- Lima – Cusco
- Cusco – Lima
To book in advance:
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu, the “young mountain“(7.00 or 10.00am): US$ 12.00 p.p.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu, the “old mountain“: US$ 10.00 p.p. Before or after your trip we are happy to assist you with:
- Accommodation in Cusco, according to the standard you wish
- Any kind of tours before or after your trip
- Transfer Airport– Hotel – Airport in Cusco:
- One way: US$ 6.00 p.p.
- Both ways: US$ 12.00 p.
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu (5 days)The Salkantay is a beautiful alternative to the Inca trail to Machu Picchu: few tourists, further and harder!
Inca Jungle (4 days)One of the best alternatives to the Inca trail: Mountain biking, cable car, rafting, zip lining, thermal waters – Be ready for an extraordinary adventure!