Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu (2 days)
CODE: CT009: Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu (2 days)
Our alternative to the classic Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu: explore the hidden Inka Trails of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and visit Huchuy Qosqo, “little Cusco”, the largest Inca site of the Valley. On our trekking through the middle of nowhere we will pass beautiful landscapes on the way to the hidden and less visited Inca site Huchuy Qosqo before we travel on to Machu Picchu.
Excellent for: Adventure seekers - Couples - Friends - Nature lovers - Intrepid people - Families
Day 1: Cusco – Huchuy Qosqo – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (L)
We pick you up from your hotel and travel by bus to the small Village of Tauca where we start our trekking, surrounded by the beautiful Andean landscape. Enjoy the incredible views of the high mountain peaks of the Cordillera Vilcabamba before we start to descent toward the Huchuy Qosqo plains along a path that leads to the Cauca ravine, where we find archaeological remains of an Inca bridge and original Inka Trail. We arrive at Huchuy Qosqo, where we visit the impressive Inca site and enjoy a nice lunch surrounded by Inca agricultural terracing and enjoying amazing views of the Vilcabamba range. After visiting Huchuy Qosqo we continue to Lamay where we’ll catch our transport driving to Ollantaytambo. From Ollantaytambo we take the train to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town) where we spend the time in a hostel.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco (B)
Morning begins very early, walking or taking the first bus up to Machu Picchu to experience a beautiful sunrise at the sanctuary. After a short rest a walking tour is given by your guide (approx. 2 hours), after that you will have some time for your own explorations of the impressive Inca city. Optional you can enter the Huayna Picchu, the “young mountain” (at 7.00 or 10.00am, prior booking is necessary). In the afternoon you take the train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo where we pick you up by bus and take you back to Cusco. End of our services
- Pickup at your hotel in Cusco and transfer to the starting point of the trek
- Meals as indicated on day-by-day itinerary (B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner), vegetarian options available
- Accommodation in a basic hostel in Aguas Calientes (upgrade upon request)
- Transportation Lamay – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu (one way)
- Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Transportation Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- International and domestic flights
- Meals not indicated on day-by-day itinerary
- Snacks and water
- Personal expenses
- Dinner in Aguas Calientes
- Bus Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (optional, USD$ 12,00)
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu, the “young mountain“ (7.00 or 10.00am): US$ 12.00 p.p.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu, the “old mountain“: US$ 10.00 p.p.
- Bus Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes USD$ 12,00
- Backpack to rent (3 liters): US$ 4.00 per day
- High-quality rain ponchos to rent: US$ 15.00 p.p.
- Plastic rain ponchos to buy: US$ 2.00 p.p.
- Accommodation in Cusco, according to the standard you wish
- Any kind of tours before or after your trip
- Transfer Airport– Hotel – Airport in Cusco:
One way: US$ 6.00 p.p.
Both ways: US$ 12.00 p.p
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu (5 days)The Salkantay is a beautiful alternative to the Inca trail to Machu Picchu: few tourists, further and harder!
Inca Jungle (4 days)One of the best alternatives to the Inca trail: Mountain biking, cable car, rafting, zip lining, thermal waters – Be ready for an extraordinary adventure!