Peru Round Trip (19 days)
Peru Round Trip
Peru is a country that offers a variety like few other countries in the world: mountains, rainforest, tropical beaches, cosmopolitan cities, beautiful lakes, dry deserts… This itinerary includes a big part of the places you can’t miss when you are travelling to Peru! Visit Lima, Peru’s capital and travel along the coast, travel to the jungle where you can navigate the Amazon and enjoy nature, visiting the Ballestas Islands, the desert of Ica and the mysterious Nazca Lines. Discover Arequipa, the “White City”, with its colonial architecture and fly with the Condors in the impressive Colca Canyon. Travel to the famous Lake Titicaca where you will see islands made entirely of reeds inhabited by the Uros and spend one night with a local family on the Island Amantani. Your last step will be the Andes and the former capital of the Incas – Cusco. Discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas – a cradle of culture, history and agricultural richness and a perfect place to learn about the inhabitants of the ancient Inca Empire. Then continue to one of the 7 Wonders of the World: Machu Picchu!
$ USD 2790.00
- Adventure seekers
- Nature lovers
- Intrepid people.
Day 1: Lima
- We pick you up from the airport and transfer you to your hostel. Depending on your flight’s schedule, you will have some free time to discover the city or relax at your hostel. After you can choose to go to a nice restaurant for dinner and enjoy your first night out in Peru. Overnight in Lima.
Day 2: Lima (City Tour) (B)
- In the early afternoon, at around 01.00pm, your tour starts with a City Tour in Peru’s capital Lima: we will visit the charming districts of Miraflores and Barranco and then continue to the historic centre of Lima where you can see attractions like the Cathedral, the Viceroyalty of Peru, the main places of Lima's Plaza Mayor (Main Square), the Government Palace, the City Hall, and other important monuments. Arriving back to your hotel, you are free to enjoy your evening as you wish.
DAY 3: Iquitos - Cumaceba Lodge (B, D)
- In the morning transfer to Lima airport to start the trip to Iquitos in the Peruvian jungle we assist you upon arrival time at the airport, we will drive to the port to board our speed boat. Visit the floating houses and sail down the Amazon River, observing the beautiful and varied landscapes. Arriving at the lodge we will have a typical welcome drink and they will assigned our cabins. Lunch is typical with ingredients of the jungle; then we will walk through the jungle observing the flora and fauna have the opportunity to watch the sunset over the Amazon River. Optional can make a night walk to observe insects and amphibians variety. During dinner we will share stories and myths Amazon. Overnight at our lodge.
DAY 4: Visiting the Amazon river (B, L, D)
- Our adventure begins very early with bird watching along the way and in the lagoon, we will know the legendary Shansho - prehispanico Hoatzin bird. We return to enjoy our breakfast. We will Visit a native group of the Amazon called Yagua with those who share and know about their way of life, typical dress, dialect, perform a demonstration of old way of hunting, with the "Cerbatana and making crafts that can be exchanged or bought. Typical lunch varied; tour of the Amazon river visiting a family conservation some varieties of animals like sloths, variety of monkeys, turtles, "Anacondas" or boa constrictors. While cruising down the Amazon observe pink and gray river dolphins. Jungle feel very close with an evening canoe ride, dinner and night in our Lodge
DAY 5: Lodge - Hatchery Paiches (D, A, C)
- Wake uo at the edge of the Amazon River with the sound of nature, today will observe birds from our canoe or boat. Early breakfast. Tour into the Amazon River and will visit the largest freshwater fish in the PAICHE (Arapaima gigas). Walk through the small Amazonian village, knowing part of their daily life and activities. Return to our lodge. Canoe tour through the river, special place to photograph. Dinner and overnight at Lodge.
DAY 6: Cumaceba Lodge - Recreational fishing - Iquitos (D, L)
- Early breakfast to observe the Aquatic Lila world's largest. We will have a recreational fishing of species such as catfish, sardines and voracious "Piranha". After Typical lunch return to the city of Iquitos, transfer to airport and flight to Lima. Overnight in Lima.
Day 7: Lima – Paracas – Ica – Huacachina (B)
- At approx. 03:00am we pick you up from your hotel in order to go to the bus station where you take your bus to Paracas. From Lima you are heading south on the Panamerican Highway, to the Paracas National Reserve. We will take a boat to the Ballestas Islands and explore this marine reserve that is home to sea lions, penguins, numerous seabirds and other animals – many of them are endangered species. After visiting the islands you take the bus to Ica at 11:15am. Arriving, we take you to the oasis Huacachina, located in the middle of the desert of Ica. You have some time to relax, then we’ll start an adventurous sand buggy tour in the dunes around the oasis. If you’re up to some more adventure, you can try sandboarding here. After a breathtaking sunset upon the desert, you will spend the night at the oasis.
Day 8: Huacachina – Ica – Nazca (B)
- You will have time in the morning to enjoy your free time in Huacachina (optional: Bodega-Tour to some Pisco wineries). At around midday, you will have your transfer back to Ica and take the bus to Nazca. Arriving in Nazca, we take you to your hotel and you will have free time to discover the city of Nazca where you will spend the night.
Day 9: Nazca - Arequipa (B)
- Today we will observe the famous and mysterious Nazca lines. On the Panamerican Highway we’ll cross the archaeological zone and from a large metal tower (13 meters high) we will have a perfect view on the several shapes and straight lines that cross the desert of Nazca (*). In the afternoon we’ll visit the archaeological Cemetery of Chauchilla, a more than 1000 years old necropolis that belongs to the period of the Ica-Chincha culture. At night we’ll leave the coast and start at around 10.00pm, our over-night bus ride to Arequipa (approx. 10 hours).
- (*) OPTIONAL: Flight over the Nazca Lines. A more exclusive way of seeing the Nazca Lines! (Prices vary by season, please consult).
Day 10: Arequipa City Tour
- You will arrive in Arequipa at approx. 07:30 in the morning. You have some free time to enjoy a nice breakfast and have a first look around. In the afternoon we will explore the colonial city of the “White City” Arequipa, built with blocks of white volcanic stone. During a panoramic bus tour we will visit the Main Square, one of the most beautiful squares in Peru. In the center of this plaza is located a fountain with the statue "Tuturutú" on the top which is an important symbol of Arequipa. There is a myth about Tuturutu saying that it represents a sixteenth century soldier. Then, head towards the viewpoint of Carmen alto from where you can enjoy the panoramic view of the White City and the impressive Misti volcano, which is an active volcano towering over Arequipa. We continue our tour to the district of Yanahuara with its colonial streets and buildings as well as the traditional district of Cayma. Continuing our tour, we stop at the outlet and zoo Incalpaca, where you can observe different Andean camelids such as llamas, Alpacas and Vicunas. On our way we will pass by the artificial lakes Tingo and Sacha on our way to “Molino de Sabandía”, a construction from the XVI century and return to the center, crossing the Paucarpata district with its beautiful pre-Inca terraces.
Day 11: Arequipa – Colca Canyon (Chivay) (B)
- At around 7:30 we will pick you up at your hotel and start the trip to the Colca Canyon, passing Yura village. We will pass by the Chachani Volcano, one of the biggest in Arequipa region, and go to Pampa Cañahuas (a National Reserve of Aguada Blanca and Salinas), habitat of the beautiful South American camelids vicuna. In the wetlands of tocra we will appreciate huge variety of migratory birds, including flamingos. We will even pass by the crater of an extinct volcano: Chucura. We will stop at the volcanoes viewpoint, which is also the highest point of the trail (4,800m) where we will see the impressive Cordillera Occidental, one of the deepest canyons in the world. Arriving in Chivay at approx. 13:30, you will have time to go to your hotel and have lunch in the Canyon. You will have the possibility to enjoy the thermal baths whose medicinal waters range from 35 to 38 degrees centigrade in the pools. You will spend the night at the village in the middle of the Colca Canyon.
Day 12: Chivay – Cruz Del Condor – Puno (B)
- The morning begins early, at around 6:00a.m and you will enjoy a good breakfast to start your day with energy. After your breakfast we will take a bus to the Cruz Del Condor viewpoint, a strategic point in the canyon where you will have the opportunity to watch the spectacular flight of the majestic condor. On our way back, we will stop in the towns of Pinchollo, Maca and Yanque which they offer beautiful colonial churches, as well as the choquetico and Antahuilque viewpoints, where we will observe the impressive Andean valley, the tombs and pre-Incas statues. We return to Chivay and at approx. 13:30 you take a bus to go to Puno at Lake Titicaca. Arriving in Puno we take you to your hotel where you will spend the night.
Day 13: Titicaca Lake: Uros & Amantani Islands (B, L, D)
- This morning we take you to the port of Puno, where we board our boat to start an approx. 30-40 minutes cruise on the lake to the floating islands called “Uros”, made entirely out of reeds. The friendly Urus people will be happy to welcome you to their islands, and will share their history, culture and traditions with you. The community of the Uros has endured for hundreds of years, thanks to their continual renovation of the island floor with Totora reeds and mud and their harmonious relationship with nature. You will learn how Uros people have completely built their floating houses. Then we take the boat to Amantani Island, where you will have a chance to meet local families. You will also have time to visit the island and the Pachatata Temple, these are the pre-Inca temples sitting on the two high peaks of Amantani Island which are dedicated to fertility. Pacha Mama and Pacha Tata are two important figures that symbolize the principle of compatibility and harmony in the Andean cultures: the Chacha Warmi. You’ll have some time and a dinner with the local family and spend the night at their family home.
Day 14: Titicaca Lake: Amantani & Taquile Islands (B, L)
- In the morning you will have a breakfast with the family and then take boat to Taquile Island. You will explore an old island completely terraced by the pre-Incas and Incas. Taquileños still live in a traditional way and are known for their high quality handicrafts. Here we will visit some of the native families and enjoy a traditional meal with them. Then you will have a time to enjoy the island before taking boat back to Puno. Back there, you will have a free evening to enjoy a last night in the city.
Day 15: Puno – Cusco (B, L)
- Today we travel from the Lake Titicaca to Cusco: a beautiful journey with some special stops along the way. Your first stop will be at Pucará, a colonial city known for its pottery. We will enjoy the view, and see llamas and alpacas grazing from the La Raya pass at 4310 m/14172 ft above sea level and enjoy a nice buffet lunch in Sicuani. After that, we will also visit the archaeological complex of Raqchi, another important Inca city. Finally, you will visit the Church of Andahuaylillas, known as the “Sistine Chapel of the Americas” and features a simple façade but keeps one of the most valuable jewels of the colonial art in Peru. We will arrive in Cusco, old capital of the Incas’ Empire, where you will spend the night.
Day 16: Cusco (City Tour) (B)
- After a good rest in the hotel and a free morning in Cusco, we will pick you up and take you on a city tour in Cusco. We will visit the historic centre of the City, Cusco’s main square with its impressive Cathedral and the Inca Temple “Qoricancha” (Temple of the Sun). After visiting the historic centre, we take you to the hills of upper Cusco to visit the old Inca temples and pre-Inca constructions Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Tambomachay and Pucapucara.
Day 17: Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas – Aguas Calientes (B, L)
- Today we will travel to the Sacred Valley, where the Incas once built major cities like Pisac and Ollantaytambo. They built complex irrigation systems and achieved a high level of agriculture. Enjoy the amazing landscapes on your way to the charming village of PIsac, where we will visit its extended archaeological complex and Inca remains and the colorful traditional market. After a nice typical buffet lunch in Urubamba, we travel to Ollantaytambo to visit its Inca ruins and take our train to Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu town, in the afternoon. We pick you up at the train station and lead you to your hostel where you spend the night.
Day 18: Machu Picchu – Cusco (B)
- In the morning, you can wake up early to take the bus to the sacred site of Machu Picchu. Arriving, you will have a guided tour for approx. 2 hours. We will visit the Intiwatana (Temple of the Sun), the Temple of the Condor, the Temple of the Three Windows, Andean terraces and other places of interest. After the guided tour you will have enough time to walk around the archaeological complex, capture these incredible memories with your camera and feel and appreciate the power and tranquility of this sacred place. Another option is to hike up Huayna Picchu, the Young Mountain, or Machu Picchu, the Old Mountain (prior booking necessary). In the afternoon you walk or take the bus down to Aguas Calientes and take the train to Ollantaytambo from where we’ll return to Cusco by bus, arriving in the evening.
Day 19: Cusco – Lima (B)
- Enjoy your last day in Peru! You will have your flight back to Lima (hour to confirm with your travel agent). End of the service
- Day 1: Lima
- Day 2: Lima (City Tour) (B)
- DAY 3: Iquitos - Cumaceba Lodge (B, D)
- DAY 4: Visiting the Amazon river (B, L, D)
- DAY 5: Lodge - Hatchery Paiches (D, A, C)
- Day 7: Lima – Paracas – Ica – Huacachina (B)
- Day 8: Huacachina – Ica – Nazca (B)
- Day 9: Nazca - Arequipa (B)
- Day 10: Arequipa City Tour
- Day 11: Arequipa – Colca Canyon (Chivay) (B)
- Day 12: Chivay – Cruz Del Condor – Puno (B)
- Day 13: Titicaca Lake: Uros & Amantani Islands (B, L, D)
- Day 14: Titicaca Lake: Amantani & Taquile Islands (B, L)
- Day 15: Puno – Cusco (B, L)
- Day 16: Cusco (City Tour) (B)
- Day 17: Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas – Aguas Calientes (B, L)
- Day 18: Machu Picchu – Cusco (B)
- Day 19: Cusco – Lima (B)
- Accommodation in basic Hotels / Backpacker Hostels (superior options can be booked if desired)
- Meals as indicated on day by day itinerary (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- All tours and excursions listed including transport, guide and entrance fees
- English-speaking professional guides
- Transportation to all attractions and destinations
- National flight
- Transfer Airport – Hotel – bus station
- City Tour incl. transport, guide, entrance fees (group tour)
- Bus Lima – Paracas
- Transfer airport-hotel-airport
- 03 nights accommodation in lodge
- meals indicated in the program
- Visit the houseboats of Belen
- Walking through the jungle knowing flora and fauna.
- Canoe-night excursion to observe alligators Possibility.
- Night walk.
- Observation insects, tarantulas, frogs and the endless sounds of the jungle
- Bird watching in their habitat.
- Recreational fishing of piranhas and other species.
- Observation of gray and pink dolphins river
- Visit the native group Yagua.- Clothing, dialect, crafts, lifestyle.
- Visit ribereño- village farmers.
- Observation of Victoria Amazon World- largest aquatic lilac
- Ballestas Islands Tour incl. transport, boat, guide and entrance fees (group tour)
- Bus Paracas – Ica – Huacachina – Ica
- Buggy and sandboarding
- Bus Ica - Nazca
- Transfer bus station – hotel – bus station
- Nazca Lines Vantage Point, optional: Museum Maria Reiche
- Guided tour of Chauchilla Cemetery
- Bus Nazca – Arequipa (overnight)
- Transfer bus station – Hotel – bus station
- Colonial City Tour + panoramic bus and entrance fees
- Entrance fee for the Colca Canyon
- Transport Arequipa – Chivay – Puno
- Professional tour guide
- Transfer Bus – Hotel
- Transfer Hotel - Harbor
- Tour Uros, Amantani & Taquile
- Transportation to all the attractions listed
- Touristic bus Puno – Cusco ( with visits in the route incl. guide and entrance fees)
- Transfer bus station – Hotel
- City Tour and Sacred Valley Tour
- Machu Picchu Tour
- Transfer Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu (one way)
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Transfer Hotel – Airport
- Flight Cusco – Lima
- International flights to and from Peru from your country of origin
- Airport taxes (domestic flights and international flights)
- Excess baggage fees
- Meals not specified on day by day itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu (one way): US$ 15.00 p.p. (we recommend walking)
- Entrance to the hot springs in the Colca Canyon (S./ 15.00, approx.. US$ 5.00)
- Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes (S./ 15.00, approx. US$ 5.00)
- Any optional tours and services
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu, the “young mountain“(7.00 or 10.00am): US$ 12.00 p.p.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu, the “old mountain“: US$ 10.00 p.p.
- High-quality rain ponchos to rent: US$ 15.00 p.p.
- Plastic rain ponchos to buy: US$ 2.00 p.p.
- Original passport (and International Student Card (ISIC) if applicable)
- Comfortable shoes and sandals
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Pullovers and sweatshirts
- Scarf, hat and gloves
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 50 recommended)
- Insect repellent (for Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu)
- Personal medication
- Travel insurance recommended