Peru Special: Cusco and Lake Titicaca (5 days)
Peru Special Cusco Lake Titicaca (5 days)
Visit the big wonders of Peru in only 5 days! You will first get to know the city of Cusco and the must-sees of the region, like the Sacred Valley of the Incas and of course the probably most famous sight in Peru: Machu Picchu! Then you will continue your travel to the Titicaca Lake, another beautiful and impressive place in Peru. The tour starts with a trip to the Sacred Valley, a very important habitat for the Incas. It’s a cradle of culture, history and agricultural richness and a perfect place to learn about the inhabitants of the ancient Inca Empire. The journey continues to one of the New 7 Wonders of the World: Machu Picchu. You will continue the journey to the former capital of the Incas: Cusco, where you will visit the most important sights of the city and its surroundings and enjoy the colorful and famous nightlife of this cosmopolitan city. The trip finally leads us to the Titicaca Lake where you will visit islands made entirely of reeds inhabited by the Urus – a community living in harmony with nature and you will try a traditional meal in company with the residents of the island “Taquile”.
$ USD 640.00
- Adventure seekers
- Nature lovers
- Intrepid people.
DAY 1: Cusco (City tour)
- After your arrival you can relax a little in the hostel, then will start your tour exploring the city centre where we walk through the ancient Inca and colonial streets, visit the Inca Temple “Qoricancha” (Temple of the Sun) and finally the Cathedral at the “Plaza de Armas”, Cusco’s main square. Then, you will go by bus to upper Cusco. Here we will visit the old Inca temples and pre-Inca constructions Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.
- Later you have time for your own explorations of the city and at night you can enjoy a typical Peruvian meal in one of the great restaurants and go out to enjoy Cusco’s colorful nightlife. Chill bars and pubs, small discos, big clubs… – You will find everything here! Don’t hesitate to ask us for the best places to go!
DAY 2: Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas – Aguas Calientes (B, L)
- In the morning we will pick you up at your hotel and travel to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, a tranquil oasis of cultural, historical, and agricultural richness just 45 minutes from Cusco where the Incas once built important cities such as Pisac and Ollantaytambo. We will enjoy the beautiful Andean landscape during the day and visit the impressive archaeological site of Pisac. After a nice Buffet Lunch in Urubamba we continue our tour through the Sacred Valley to Ollantaytambo to visit its Inca-ruins and then take our train to Aguas Calientes where will spend the night. In the evening you can go out to have a nice dinner, grab a drink in a bar or just relax in the hostel.
DAY 3: Machu Picchu – Cusco (B)
- In the morning you will walk up to Machu Picchu (the bus ticket can be booked with your guide the day before if you don’t want to walk). We are going to have a guided tour (approx. 2 hours) around Machu Picchu, allowing time for contemplation of the amazing scenery. You will see the Intiwatana (Temple of the Sun), the Temple of the Condor, the Temple of Three Windows, Andean terraces and other places of interest. You will have enough time to walk around the archaeological complex, capture these incredible memories on camera, feel and appreciate the energy and peacefulness of this sacred place. For those who like more action there is the option to hike up the Huayna Picchu, the Young Mountain (prior booking is necessary). Later in the afternoon we take the train back to Ollantaytambo and from there return to Cusco by bus where we’ll arrive in the evening.
DAY 4: Cusco – Puno / Lake Titicaca (B, L)
- Today is a long trip, but don’t worry: it will be a beautiful journey with some special stops. We will visit the Church of Andahuaylillas, known as the “Sistine Chapel of the Americas”, that features a simple façade but keeps one of the most valuable jewels of the colonial art in Peru. We will also explore the archaeological complex of Raqchi, another important Inca city. Surrounded by pretty hills you we’ll have a nice buffet lunch in Sicuani. We will enjoy the view and see llamas and alpacas grazing, from the La Raya pass at 4310 m/14172 ft above sea level. Finally we will visit Pucará, a colonial city famous for its pottery. In the afternoon we will arrive in the city of Puno at 3.800 m/13.000 ft where we will spend the night.
DAY 5: Puno – Lake Titicaca (B, L)
- This morning, after an about 30 minutes drive, we will arrive at the port in Puno city where we take our boat for a 20 minutes ride to the floating islands “Uros”, made entirely of reeds. The community of the Uros has endured for hundreds of years, thanks to their continual renovation of the island floor with Totora reeds and mud and their harmonious relationship with nature. After exploring the islands of Uros we get back in our boat for a 3 hours ride to “Taquile”, an ancient island completely terraced by the pre-Incas and Incas. Here we will visit some of the native families and have a traditional meal with them. Afterwards you will have time for your own exploration of the island. In the afternoon we take our boat back to Puno city. End of our services
SummaryDAY 1 – Cusco city tour
DAY 2 – Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas
DAY 3 – Sacred Valley – Machu Picchu – Cusco
DAY 4 – Cusco – Puno / Lake Titicaca
DAY 5 – Puno – Lake Titicaca
End of the tour
- Accommodation in basic hotels / Backpacker Hostels (superior options can be booked if desired)
- Meals as indicated on day-by-day itinerary (B-Breakfast, L-Lunch, D-Dinner), vegetarian options available
- All tours and excursions listed including all entrance fees
- English-speaking professional guides
- Transfert airport – hotel in Cusco
- Transportation to all the attractions of the city tour and the Sacred Valley
- Transfer Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Entrance and guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Bus Cusco – Puno with visits on route
- Tour to Uros & Taquile incl. transport and guide
- International and domestic flights
- Domestic flights
Lima – Cusco
Juliaca – Lima
- Meals not indicated on day-by-day itinerary
- Transfer hotel – Airport Juliaca or bus terminal Puno (optional)
- Entrance fee to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes (10 nuevos soles)
- Airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu, the “young mountain“(7.00 or 10.00am): US$ 20.00 p.p.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu, the “old mountain“: US$ 20.00 p.p.
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Accommodation in Cusco before or after your trip, according to the standard you wish
- Any kind of tours before or after your trip
- Transfer Airport– Hotel – Airport in Cusco:
One way: US$ 6.00 p.p.
Both ways: US$ 12.00 p.