Tour Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu (2 days)
Tour Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
Exciting short trip from Cusco to Machu Picchu, On this short tour you will get to know two must-sees of the region Cusco: the Sacred Valley of the Incas and one of the 7 New Wonders of the World, Machu Picchu! First you will get to experience the Sacred Valley, a former very important habitat for the Incas. It’s a cradle of culture, history and agricultural richness and a perfect place to learn about the inhabitants of the ancient Inca Empire. The journey finally leads us to Machu Picchu, probably the most important sight in Peru in the heart of the mountains. There you will walk through narrow paths and between impressive stone walls and your knowledge about the Incas will get even more expanded during a guided tour. The trips and excursions to the different destinations of this tour are managed with a guide and a small travel group with likeminded people you can share your experiences with.
$ USD 365.00
- Adventure seekers
- Nature lovers
- Intrepid people.
DAY 1 – Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas – Aguas Calientes (L)
- In the morning at around 8.00 we pick you up and take our bus towards the Sacred Valley where the Incas once built important cities like Pisac and Ollantaytambo. These spectacular towns are built in harmony with the nature and always surrounded by an incredible landscape. We will visit the archaeological complex of Pisac and enjoy a nice buffet lunch in Urubamba. After lunch we will continue to Ollantaytambo where we explore its Inka ruins. For the visits we’ll make use of the tourist ticket “Boleto Turistico Parcial”. After visiting the Inca ruins you take the train to Aguas Calientes, the town near Machu Picchu where you’ll spend the night.
DAY 2 – Visting Machu Picchu and return to Cusco (B)
- Morning begins very early, around 4 am, with breakfast at 4:30. The plan is to experience a beautiful sunrise at the sanctuary of Machu Picchu. To get there you can either walk for about 1.5 hours or take the bus that leaves at 5:30 and takes about 25 minutes. Arriving we will see the magnificent citadel of Machu Picchu quietly being filled with the light of the day. After a short rest a walking tour is given by your guide (approx. 2 hours) and after you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves, capture these unforgettable moments on your camera and enjoy the unique atmosphere of this sacred place. If you still have some energy, you can also climb the Huayna Picchu (2720m/8890ft). It takes about 45 minutes to reach the top (prior booking is necessary). Later the train, departing from Aguas Calientes, will take us back to Ollantaytambo from where we return to Cusco by bus. End of the tour
- Accommodation in basic hotels / Backpacker Hostels ; Double room
- Meal as indicated on day by day itinerary (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- Train Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Sacred Valley tour ilc. transport, guide and buffet lunch
- Professional, English-speaking Tour Guide
- Transfer Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- International and domestic flights
Lima – Cusco
Cusco – Lima
- Meals not specified on day by day itinerary
- Entrance fee to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes (optional, if there is enough time left. Cost: 10.00 Nuevos Soles)
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Transfer airport – hotel
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fee to Pisaq & Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley (Boleto Turistico)
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu, the “young mountain“ (7.00 or 10.00am): US$ 12.00 p.p.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu, the “old mountain“: US$ 10.00 p.p.
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes:
One way: US$ 15.00 p.p.
Round trip: US$ 25.00 p.p.
- Boleto Turistico (entrance fee to the Inca ruins):
Option 1: Boleto Turistico General, valid for 10 days, US$ 52.00 p.p.
- The Boleto Turistico General is valid for 10 days and covers most of the museums in Cusco and Inca ruins in Cusco and the Sacred Valley of the Incas. It’s the best option if you stay for a couple of days and want to see its most important attractions.
Option 2: Boleto Turistico Parcial, valid for 1 day, US$ 28.00
- Before or after your trip, accommodation in Cusco, according to the standard you wish
- Any kind of tours before or after your trip
- Transfer Airport– Hotel – Airport in Cusco:
One way: US$ 6.00 p.p.
Both ways: US$ 12.00 p.