Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (2 days)
CODE: CT001: Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (2 days)
This trip is the short version of the classic Inca Trail tour to Machu Picchu, one of the world’s most famous hikes, that attracts thousands of travelers every year because of its unique combination of landscapes, nature, trekking and sightseeing. On this 2-day adventure you will get to do some trekking together with a travel group, enjoying pure nature, a fantastic mountain scenery and a night in Aguas Calientes where you can take a relaxing bath in the hot spring waters. The next day, you will finally see the magnificent citadel of Machu Picchu in the light of the early morning sun – a moment worth all physical efforts! At Machu Picchu, a guide will make sure to provide all the information about the place you desire and you will have time to explore this unique and sacred place on your own.
Excellent for: Adventure seekers - Couples - Friends - Nature lovers - Intrepid people - Families
Day 1: Cusco – 104km – Winay Wayna (L, D)
We pick you up at the hotel and transfer you to Ollantaytambo from where we take the train to KM 104. At this point we start the trek and walk for approx. 3 hours to the well preserved remains of Wiñay Wayna at 2900 m / 9514 feet altitude. The final leg of the trek to the lost city of Machu Picchu begins and we will hike to Inti Punku / Puerta del Sol (the “Sun Gate”), from where we will have our first view of Machu Picchu. Arriving at Machu Picchu around 5pm, a bus will take us to Aguas Calientes, where the night will be spent. Don’t forget your bathing togs so you can enjoy a bath in the hot spring waters there!
Day 2: Visiting Machu Picchu and return to Cusco
Morning begins very early, around 4 am, with breakfast at 4:30. The plan is to experience a beautiful sunrise at the sanctuary of Machu Picchu. To get there you can either walk for about 1.5 hours or take the bus that leaves at 5:30 and takes about 25 minutes. Arriving we will see the magnificent citadel of Machu Picchu quietly being filled with the light of the day. After a short rest a walking tour is given by your guide (approx. 2 hours) and after you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves, capture these unforgettable moments on your camera and enjoy the unique atmosphere of this sacred place. If you still have some energy, you can also climb the Huayna Picchu (2720m/8890ft). It takes about 45 minutes to reach the top (prior booking is necessary). Later the train, departing from Aguas Calientes, will take us back to Ollantaytambo from where we return to Cusco by bus. End of the service.
- Transfer hotel – train station – hotel
- Meal : 1 breakfast, 1 lunch (lunch box), 1 dinner
- Professional english speaking tour guide
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Entrance fee to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus ticket Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- One night in Aguas Calientes
- International flights
- Domestic flights (Cusco-Lima ; Lima-Cusco)
- Bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (second day)
- Breakfast on the first day
- Lunch on the last day
- Expenses not mentioned
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu, the “young mountain“(7.00 or 10.00am): US$ 12.00 p.p.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu, the “old mountain“: US$ 10.00 p.p.
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes:
One way: US$ 15.00 p.p.
Round trip: US$ 25.00 p.p.
- Backpack to rent (3 liters): US$ 12.00 p.p. for 3 days of trekking
- High-quality rain ponchos to rent: US$ 15.00 p.p.
- Plastic rain ponchos to buy: US$ 2.00 p.p.
- Accommodation in Cusco, according to the standard you wish
- Any kind of tours before or after your trip
- Transfer Airport– Hotel – Airport in Cusco:
One way: US$ 6.00 p.p.
Both ways: US$ 12.00 p.
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu (5 days)The Salkantay is a beautiful alternative to the Inca trail to Machu Picchu: few tourists, further and harder!
Inca Jungle (4 days)One of the best alternatives to the Inca trail: Mountain biking, cable car, rafting, zip lining, thermal waters – Be ready for an extraordinary adventure!