Tour Lake Titicaca (5 days)
Lake Titicaca Tour
Situated at high altitudes over 3,800 meters with its culture, tradition, population and unforgettable landscapes. You will travel through history and nature by meeting local population you will visit some of the native families. You will have a chance to explore different villages as Puno, Taquile and the Sun Island from Copacabana. You will learn the way of life of the local population by sleeping in their house, have breakfast, lunch or dinner with them. So don’t wait anymore and live a unique experience!
$ USD 240.00
- Adventure seekers
- Nature lovers
- Intrepid people.
Day 1: Puno – Uros – Amantani (L, D)
- This morning we will transfer you to the port of Puno city, where we will take a boat for a 30-40 minutes cruise to the floating islands called “Uros”, made entirely of reeds.
- The friendly Urus people will be happy to welcome you to their islands, and will share their history, culture and traditions with you. The community of the Uros has endured for hundreds of years, thanks to their continual renovation of the island floor with Totora reeds and mud and their harmonious relationship with nature. You will learn how Urus have completely built their floating houses. Then we will take the boat to Amantani Island, where you will have a chance to meet local families, have a dinner and a night with the family. You will also have time to visit the island and the Pachatata Temple, these are the pre-Inca temples sitting on the two high peaks of Amantani Island which are dedicated to fertility. Pacha Mama and Pacha Tata are two important figures that symbolize the principle of complementarity and harmony in the Andean cultures: the Chacha Warmi.
Day 2: Amantani – Taquile – Puno (B, L)
- In the morning you will have a breakfast with the family and then take boat to the Taquile Island. You will explore an old island completely terraced by the pre-Incas and Incas. Taquileños still live in a traditional way and are known for their high quality handicrafts. Here we will visit some of the native families and enjoy a traditional meal with them. Then you will have a time to enjoy the island before taking boat back to Puno.
Day 3: Puno – Copacabana (B)
- Today you will go to the bus station to take a bus towards Copacabana, a picturesque small town on the shores of the Bolivian side of Lake Titicaca. Then you will have free time in Copacabana for example to climb up the “Cerro Calvario”, a sacred hill and viewpoint from where you can enjoy an amazing panoramic view of Copacabana and the Titicaca Lake.
Day 4: Copacabana – Sun Island (B)
- This morning we will have meeting point at the harbor to take the boat to the “Isla Del Sol” (Sun Island), a small rocky, hilly island with many eucalyptus trees where the sun is always shining and life hasn’t change. In the religion of the Incas, it was believed that the sun god was born here. We arrive at the North side of the island where you can visit the small museum before starting your hike to the South. You’ll enjoy the amazing views of the Lake Titicaca and pass several ruins, most of them dating to the Inca period. Arriving at the South side of the island we board our boat back to Copacabana where you spend the night.
Day 5: Copacabana (B)
- On the last day you will be transfer out. End of the service
SummaryDAY 1 – Puno -Uros – Amantani
DAY 2 – Amantani – Taquile – Puno
DAY 3 – Puno – Copacabana
DAY 4 – Copacabana – Sun Island
DAY 5 – Copacabana
End of the servic
- Accommodation in Puno and Copacabana in basic hotels / hostels (Upgrade upon request)
- Homestay with a local family at Amantani
- Meals as specified in the day by day itinerary
- Transfer bus station – Hotel – bus station in Puno
- Tour Lake Titicaca incl. transport, guide, entrance fees
- Bus Puno – Copacabana
- Tour Isla del Sol, incl. transport and guide
- International flights
- Domestic flights (Lima-Juliaca-Lima ; Juliaca-Cusco)
- Excess baggage fees
- Meals not mentionned in day by day itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Entrance to the communities at Isla del Sol (approx. US$ 5.00)
- Any kind of tours before or after your trip
- Transfer to your next destination (Cusco, Arequipa, Bolivia,…)
- Transfer to Juliaca Airport