Rainbow Mountain Full Day Tour
CODE: CT085: Rainbow Mountain Full Day Tour
The Rainbow Mountain of Peru, also known as Vinicunca, are stunning and can be seen on the spectacular Ausangate Trek. Ausangate mountain itself is considered a holy mountain (or mountain spirit) by local Peruvians and is the deity of Cusco. Since pre-Inca times the mountain has been a place of worship and offerings and this tradition continues today. Travel to the amazing Rainbow Mountain Peru a multicolored peak set among equally colorful hillsides and boarderd by steep snowcapped peaks. This is an adventurous overnight trip, with comfort camping under the starry skys of the southern hemisphere. We`ll visit remote villages and share the trail with curious alpacas along the way! As with all Coca Tours, this itinerary can be customized or combined with tours in Cusco and beyond. Please contact us for custom itineraries, quotes and questions.
Excellent for: Adventure seekers - Couples - Friends - Nature lovers - Intrepid people - Families
Day 1: Cusco - Vininkunca – Cusco (B, L)
We will pick you up from your hotel between 3:00 to 3:40 a.m., and then we will continue via Puno until Q’essiuno community where we will have our delicious breakfast. We start to walk for 3 hours (8km) towards the mountain of colors enjoying the landscapes; we will be on the top for 40 minutes and then return to the camp where we will have our buffet lunch. After a little rest we will come back to Cusco arriving approximately 7:00 pm.
- Bilingual professional guide
- Meals, breakfast and lunch
- Entrance fee
- This tour is involves at least 5 hours trekking so you should be reasonably fit to partake.
- What to bring - Long sleeve shirt, trekking footwear, thermal layers, waterproof trekking trousers, wool gloves, hat, sunglasses, sun cream, head torch, trekking poles, cash for the entrance fee and extras.
- There is a requirement of a minimum of 2 people to confirm this tour but it is usually confirmed everyday as it is popular.
Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu (5 days)The Salkantay is a beautiful alternative to the Inca trail to Machu Picchu: few tourists, further and harder!
Inca Jungle (4 days)One of the best alternatives to the Inca trail: Mountain biking, cable car, rafting, zip lining, thermal waters – Be ready for an extraordinary adventure!